Saturday 28 March 2015

Scrap Around The World - March Challenge

 
Hello All
 
Today I'm inspired by the March challenge over at Scrap Around The World. This is the mood board.
 
 
What inspired me was the sunshine quote, the chevrons and the Leggo drawings. This is what I came up with.
 
 
I used the sunshine quote to inspire my quote and the sun rays. (I think I made the quote up myself, but maybe I have heard it somewhere before??)
I added drafting lines to my title and quote to reflect the drafting lines on the Leggo drawings in the mood board. Finally, I die cut the chevrons.
 
My aim was to have a fairly clean layout with a large amount of white space but, at the same time, have a lot going on to draw the eye to the photo. To achieve this I've done stencilling, stamping and I've used lots pen work. Added to this is Washi tape, feathers, flairs and sequins (to emphasise the sunshine).
 
The photo is an old one of me with one of my nieces. I love our big smiles but I didn't like the noisy background in the picture, so I cut it out. To highlight the photo, I drew a faux frame around the picture cut-out.
 
Here's some close ups of the page.
 
As always, I appreciate you dropping by.
Cheers.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.