Friday 3 January 2014

Twisted Challenge 13: Faux Tiles

I'm in vintage/heritage mode at the moment and today I wanted to make a card following that theme. I was inspired by The Technique Twist Faux Tile Challenge at http://techniquetwist.blogspot.com.au/ This is what I came up with.

I wanted the images on the card to be washed out/faded but I wanted the overall look of the card to be bright, if that makes sense. I used a Kaisercraft stamp called Miss Jude and, after stamping, I painted over the image with a slightly wet brush to give a watery effect. I contrasted the faded image with bright cardstock. I hope you like it.

4 comments :

  1. Great card Wendy! You totally achieved your bright but faded look with this design! Thanks for joining us at The Technique Twist! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I think I was ahead given that the latest challenge is a watery/faded look. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Love the faux tile look, you did a fabulous job!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee. Thank you very much for your nice comments :)

      Delete

Your comment will appear after approval. No anonymous comments will be accepted.